Welcome back to the Art Engager podcast! Today I’m talking about building rapport and creating a great group dynamic in the 'new now'.
Creating a great group dynamic is even MORE important now after the last year or so. We will need to take extra care to create social comfort and psychological safety, we will also need to build trust and social interaction.
In this episode I'm talking about :
- what group dynamics are
- the different types of groups you might come across
- the roles people play in groups
- the size of groups
- how to use space
I'll end by talking about how to still create a great group dynamic even when you’re wearing a face mask, so stay tuned for that at the end of this episode.
So, the big questions for today’s episode are:
- how we are going to lead engaging in-person group experiences around art and objects going forwards?
- how might we make our audience, our participants feel socially comfortable – what will group dynamics look like now?
- And how CAN we create a great group dynamic with awareness and sensitivity for how people feel right now.
Throughout this episode think about how some of the ideas might work for you or how they could be adapted to your organisation or environment.
There is unfortunately not a one-size-fits-all approach to this, but I'm hoping some of these suggestions might help you to think about how you can lead engaging, enjoyable and safe group experiences going forwards.